[GE users] Re: [drmaa-wg] Re: [GE users] Linux DRMAA library dependencies

Piotr Domagalski szalik at szalik.net
Fri May 19 23:29:34 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:06:04PM +0200, Andreas Haas wrote:
> it works and even allows -lpthread be omitted from DRMAA application
> linking stage. Please find a related patch for libs/japi/Makefile
> under

Great!

As for -lpthread, I think the situation is a bit tricky, particularly on
my FreeBSD 6.1 box. Even though the library is linked with -lpthread,
the application using it must also link with the threading library or
else it crashes on start. I think it's only a FreeBSD issue, and kind of
a bug (probably libc has it's internal locks and gets confused somehow
if the application is not directly linked with pthreads)...

All in all, it's easier to remember that drmaa just uses pthread and to
link app with apropriate threading library. Adding -ldl was more
OS-dependant, FreeBSD doesn't have libdl.so for instance.

--
Piotr Domagalski