[GE users] Could not decrease "max_u_jobs" job counter

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Mon May 22 17:40:02 BST 2006

Hello,

For some reason, our grid (SGE 5.3p6) has started only accepting 14 jobs per
user at any one time.

If a user submits more than 14 jobs, his jobs remain in "pending" state.

'qjob' returns nothing apart from the job number itself, and the SGE
messages file shows entries such as:

  Could not decrease "max_u_jobs" job counter

Does anyone know what is happening?

The SGE config has not changed for months, so we do not know why this has
suddenly started happening.

Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: COULD ALL REPLIES PLEASE BE REPLIED TO ALL? THANK YOU.

Thank you in advance,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Normal Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Mobile Email: mobile at mongeese.co.uk
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com