[GE users] MSG_SUSERCNTISALREADYZERO_S

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Tue May 23 11:00:50 BST 2006

On Sat, 20 May 2006, Jinal Jhaveri wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know when is the MSG_SUSERCNTISALREADYZERO_S
> _MESSAGE(33681, _("Job counter of user "SFQ" is already 0")) message given
> by the qmaster?
>
> It seems like one of our users issued a command (my guess is qdel -f) which
> increased the load of the machine on which qmaster runs and eventually
> crashed it. I am trying to pin down the command so would be great if
> somebody knows what is the exact reason of qmaster throwing this message.

Jinal,

I can't tell you why it happens, but it indicates an inconsistency
with the per-user job counter required to implement the

   enforce_user  auto

setting in sge_conf(5). The counter reflects the number of
jobs a has in Grid Engine.

What is you setting with "finished_jobs" in sge_conf(5)?
Does the logging always occur, when qdel -f is being used?

Regards,
Andreas