[GE users] CPU time limit

Rui Ramos rramos at iric.up.pt
Wed May 24 10:01:32 BST 2006

 Hi,

 thanks on the quick reply

On Wed, 24 May 2006 10:40:26 +0200
Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 24.05.2006 um 10:35 schrieb Rui Ramos:
>

> >  Hi there,
> >
> >  I'm setting CPU time limits in a queue. But i don't want it to
> > kill the job but suspend it. Is there a way to change the signal ?
> >

> if you would do this, there would never be the chance to unsuspend
> the job by SGE, as from SGE's point of view the lifetime of the job
> is already over.
>
> What setup do you wish to have? Maybe a second subordinated queue,
> which will suspend the jobs therein, would be the more appropriate
> setup.

 I wish to do the following.

  all.q
   |- short.q
   |- medium.q
   |- long.q

 The short and medium have different CPU time limits.
 If reached suspend it, and migrate the job to a lower queue.
 Also set different priorities in each of the queues. (not done yet!)

 I've set the short.q medium.q and long.q as subordinated queues of
 all.q is that what you sugested ?

                                                           Regards

 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Praca Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.homeip.net

    [ Part 2, Application/PGP-SIGNATURE 494 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]