[GE users] CPU time limit

Rui Ramos rramos at iric.up.pt
Wed May 24 11:03:34 BST 2006

 Thanks on the help Reuti,

  It seems we need to set a checkpoint env. But that would be later.

> The subordinate feature just suspends the queue with the jobs inside
> if the superordinated queue gets full, and it will continue (i.e.
> unsuspend) the queue if the superordinated queue gets empty again.
>
> -- Reuti

 About the subordinate issue it's not working correctly, i'm may doing something wrong.

 I've set test.q and test2.q

 The ideia is that test.q has 6 slots and test2.q also 6 slots. But as a subordinate queue of test.q (MaxSlots 3).

 So if we send 4 jobs to test.q it will suspend test2.q and won't recieve any more jobs correct?

  qsub -b y -q test.q /bin/sleep 100
  qsub -b y -q test.q /bin/sleep 100
  qsub -b y -q test.q /bin/sleep 100
  qsub -b y -q test.q /bin/sleep 100

  ... (wait until runnig)
  qsub -b y -q test2.q /bin/sleep 100

 All of them are running :(

Queue configuration of test2.q

qname                 test2.q
hostlist              grid009 grid015 grid022
seq_no                0
load_thresholds       np_load_avg=1.75
suspend_thresholds    NONE
nsuspend              1
suspend_interval      00:05:00
priority              0
min_cpu_interval      00:05:00
processors            UNDEFINED
qtype                 BATCH INTERACTIVE
ckpt_list             NONE
pe_list               make
rerun                 FALSE
slots                 2
tmpdir                /tmp
shell                 /bin/csh
prolog                NONE
epilog                NONE
shell_start_mode      unix_behavior
starter_method        NONE
suspend_method        NONE
resume_method         NONE
terminate_method      NONE
notify                00:00:60
owner_list            NONE
user_lists            Admins testers
xuser_lists           FCUP FEP FEUP LIACC Outsiders UP
subordinate_list      test.q=3
complex_values        NONE
projects              NONE
xprojects             NONE
calendar              NONE

And test.q Equal without the subordinate queue part.

 Is it required to restart the sge_execd daemons for this changes ?

                                             Apreciate the help

 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Pra_a Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.homeip.net

    [ Part 2, Application/PGP-SIGNATURE 494 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]