[GE users] CPU time limit

Sean Dilda sean at duke.edu
Wed May 24 14:35:09 BST 2006

Rui Ramos wrote:
>  Hi there,
>
>  I'm setting CPU time limits in a queue. But i don't want it to kill the job but suspend it. Is there a way to change the signal ?

SGE doesn't send a signal in this case. Rather, it does a 'setrlimit()'
(same thing as a ulimit in the shell) which causes the kernel to enfoce
the CPU time limit.   I don't know of any way to get the kernel to
change that to a suspend.

And as was mentioned, if you could do that, it would have to be tightly
tied to SGE so that SGE would know it was suspended and be able to
unsuspend it.