[GE users] SGE and Kerberos

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Thu May 25 19:37:20 BST 2006

I am working on implementing OpenAFS in our cluster environment and I
am having problems getting information about OpenAFS/Kerberos support
in SGE.

It appears that SGE supports Kerberos but to what level I am not
sure. We have jobs that run for months on end and I am worried that
the the kerberos ticket will expire before the job ends (and therefor
eliminate access to the users home directory.)

Is this the case or is there a way to make SGE play nice with long
running jobs like that? If so, where can I find the documentation for
it?

Thanks! =)