[GE users] jGrid

Krzysztof Kurowski krzysztof.kurowski at man.poznan.pl
Fri May 26 13:23:46 BST 2006

Jeff White wrote:
> I'm particularly interested in being able to interact with jobs that are
> submitted to SGE. I'd like to run a monitoring application that gets
> notified synchronously or asynchronously when jobs complete/fail.

Jeff,

you may want to deploy an additional, recently published,
open DRMAA Service Provider (OpenDSP) over SGE and use an example
Java client to run and monitor submitted jobs over Web Services.
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/news/OpenDSPproject.html

Full support for synchronous and/or asynchronous job notifications
will be available soon in OpenDSP based on WS-Notification.

chris