[GE users] Knowing the historic number of jobs in a que

Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Fri May 26 19:35:03 BST 2006

Is there a way to know the number of jobs that are sitting in the que?  My
IT dept says that we are only running at 50%.  I think, but cannot prove,
that we have had jobs sitting in the que during this time.  From my point
of view, the cluster is at 100% if jobs are waiting to run.  I can
understand IT saying that it's computers weren't busy, but I would like to
show that from our standpoint, we were waiting for the computer and not
that the computers were sitting idle.

I can use qacct to find info about jobs that ran, but not about jobs that
were qued up.  Is their some other file, or method that will let my what
was qued?  The only other thing that I can think of is to put some form of
qstat command in a cron job, but I was hoping that there was a file
somewhere there that would help me out.

Thanks,
Brett Grant