[GE users] How to select a queue with h_rt ?

Jerome jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Mon May 29 18:51:47 BST 2006

Hi All,
We have two cluster, one with OpenPBS and the new one with SGE. We
prefer using SGE in the future because of this Chekcpointing posibilities.
We want to have the same 3 queues on the 2 cluster:
- Rapid queue (for jobs no long more than 2 hours).
- Medium queue (for jobs no long more than 1 day),
- slow queue (for job more long than one day).

We could configure this easely whith openPBS. But i can't figure out how
to do this on SGE. I've put the limits as seen before with qmon on the
three queues.
But for example, when a use want to run a job for one hour (-l
h_rt=01:00:00) , the scheduler put this jobs on the medium queue. If i
don't specify anithing about the time duration, it put the job on the
medium queue.
So, how can do this? And haw can i do to put the defautl time for a job
at 2 hours?

Thank's a lot.

--
-- Jérôme
L'information est ? peu pr?s la seule marchandise