[GE users] Qdel problem

Liang Ge liang.ge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 20:06:40 BST 2006

Here is my script:
#!/bin/bash

#$ -S /bin/bash
#$ -pe mpich 8
#$ -o temp

cd $SGE_O_WORKDIR
export MPICH_PROCESS_GROUP=no

/opt/mpich-mx.gcc/bin/mpirun -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines -np $NSLOTS
$SGE_O_WORKDIR/testt

I can successfully submit the job with qsub. But when I try to remove
it with qdel, only one process is killed and the rest 7 processes are
continuously running.

I tried solution #2 and #3 as described in the web page by Reuti (I
couldn't follow #1), namely change the rsh_wrapper and recompile the
mpich from patched source code. Still I got the same results as
before: qdel only kill one process.

Liang