[GE users] How to get variable SGE parameters?

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed Oct 4 08:17:23 BST 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 05:01 pm, Reuti wrote:
> > In any given script, -o and -e are inherently static!
>
> -o '$JOB_NAME.o$JOB_ID.$TASK_ID'
>
> is working fine for me, for each array task I get a new file.

Isn't that what gridengine would have set output to without the -o ?

I tried it and got a file called the literal string  '$jobout'.
Of course I thought, this is set up before shell has run,
 it's just a string, not a variable.

So I do have access to the SGE-defined variables.
But still no manipulative power over them.
Better than useless, but I want  printf.

I used to cope letting gridengine call them what it wanted,
 then renaming them to my convention.
/dev/null  then  exec  is much cleaner IMHO.

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

No matter how much you pay for software,
 you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.