[GE users] -soft option on -q option

Benoit MOREL benoit.morel at st.com
Thu Oct 5 13:35:14 BST 2006

Hello,

I have 2 queues : all.q and prio.q.
prio.q suspends the run launched on all.q.

I launched a qsub command with these options : qsub ... -pe shm 5 -soft
-q all.q -soft -q prio.q

I wanted to launch the script on all.q queue if enough free slot and in
another case on prio.q which will suspend run on all.q.

And the result was a run which the queue was "all.q prio.q" ! Then this
run suspended all the all.q queue and then it suspended itself.

Now, i use the command : qsub ... -hard -q all.q,prio.q
But does it take in priority all.q if there is enough slot ?
Thanks for your help
--
Benoit
042-3474