[GE users] Question on the Scheduler

Esteban Freire Garcia esfreire at cesga.es
Thu Oct 5 23:05:26 BST 2006

  Due to a project that we are accomplishing, we needed to stop the
scheduler than himself this executing in these moments, in order to execute
and to try another scheduler that we have compiled.
  The first doubt that I have is than if to the to stop the present-day
scheduler, and executing the new scheduler it will affect the jobs that are
 executing themselves in these moments, thing that I do not create that it
occur because the qmaster is the that has authority for start/stop the jobs.
  The second doubt is, In than route have I to copy the new compiled
sheduler?, in ../common?
  The third doubt is, How I start/stop the scheduler?, what option would
have to pass the /etc/init.d/sgemaster? I believe that also I can do it with
the qconf  -ks or  qconf -ke
I thank your advice.

Thanks,
Esteban