[GE users] qmon display problem

Barry McInnes Barry.J.Mcinnes at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 10 18:43:00 BST 2006

Yes - if you run an X11 qmon session to a 1024 available client (VNC is
768 vertical) the scroll bars work, although sometimes after using the
qmon it still will not scroll to the bottom. Restarting qmon is the fix
for this.

Its not a big problem, just an annoyance as the VNC console is our main
management console.

On 10/10/06 10:03 AM, Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 10.10.2006 um 17:53 schrieb Barry McInnes:
>
>> Hi,
>> we have SGE 6.0u8 on a Mac cluster. When we run qmon and "Host
>> Configuration" over ARD/VNC on the central server, the scroll bar in
>> Administration Host, Submit and execution Host screens do not go to the
>> end of the list. If you highlight then down arrow, it goes to the bottom
>> then disappears without moving the table upwards.
>> This means we cannot select nodes at the end of our list ?
>>
>> You can drag the window sideways but not vertically to resize it.
>>
>> Is there any easy fix for qmon to make the scroll bars go to the end of
>> the node list ?
>
> can you try this on your central server without VNC? We have a x86 Linux
> cluster, and I get a proper qmon to my local Mac. Just connecting in X11
> with "ssh -Y <our_central_server>".
>
> -- Reuti

---
Barry McInnes