[GE users] SSH and SGE

Simpson, Kenneth Kenneth.Simpson at ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 11 22:55:43 BST 2006

Hi - I just installed version 6.0u8 for SGE.

I need to intergate SSH into SGE.

I did a search of all the projects on

        http://gridengine.sunsource.net

and the only instructions I found were from 2002 which
indicated I should use

        qconf -mconf

to change the following variables to the following:

        rsh_daemon      /usr/sbin/sshd -i
        rlogin_daemon   /usr/sbin/sshd -i
        rsh_command     /usr/bin/ssh
        rlogin_command  /usr/bin/ssh

Unfortuantely, these variables aren't defined on my system.

Do I just add them?

How about the variables

        qlogin_command               telnet
        qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
        rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/in.rlogind

?

Do I change these variables to

        qlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh
        qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
        rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i

also?

Any help would be appreciated.

-- Ken