[GE users] Short medium and long queue setup

Jeff Block jblock at salilab.org
Thu Oct 12 19:41:07 BST 2006

Unfortunately, I didn't receive any responses on this with great ideas on
how to make this work.  The subordinate queues probably won't work for us
because of the MPI job suspension issue stated below.

Currently, I have just setup nice values on each of the queues (short-1,
medium-10, long-19) and we are in the testing phase to see if that is good
enough for us.

The other issue is that I'd like to be able to weight the short queue higher
with regards to fair share tickets used.  This would help to insure that
people don't just always submit jobs to the short queue unless they really
need the job to be processed quickly.

Regards.

Jeff