[GE users] qlicserver/License/FlexLM questions: Anyone using subordinate queues and lmremove

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Fri Oct 13 15:44:13 BST 2006

Hi Wilfried,

Good to hear from you again.
It sound like great work and I would be very much interested in integrating
many of your features.

>   -scan N servers in parallel.
> Because we have distributed and hierachically organized license
> servers. And

I've recently discovered this problem too. One flaky server and then the
entire lmstat times out! I hacked in a quick fix, but it's not exactly
elegant.

> If someone is interested, I will try to convince management to make
> the extensions available to the community).

Perhaps there are a few features, such as the parallel query and the
variable limits, that don't strictly demand management approval.
Or maybe you a (pseudo-code) description of how you've addressed it would
let me integrate it into qlicserver.

> With the help of a subordinate queue we could stop some of the
> regressions,
> but to my knowledge the application will still occupy the license.

I had some suspend application queues working, but I relied on the
application writing a restart file, releasing the license(s) itself.

> From looking at the license log files and/or lmstat I find it
> difficult to
> figure out, if an automatic lmremove could be done, when the queue
> goes to hold?

In principal it is quite easy to automatically release the licenses - the
user/host are already known to qlicserver, the suspended queues could be
compared to these (need to add a distinction here). Only the display
information needs to be added and the removal can be scheduled.

Feel free to contact me directly if we wish.

/mark

Dr. Mark Olesen
Principal Engineer Thermofluids Analysis
ArvinMeritor Light Vehicle Systems
ArvinMeritor Emissions Technologies GmbH
Biberbachstr. 9
D-86154 Augsburg, GERMANY
tel: +49 (821) 4103 - 862
fax: +49 (821) 4103 - 7862

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.