[GE users] Qlicserver question: internal license count

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com
Mon Oct 16 16:58:46 BST 2006

> After reading your response I was compelled to respond.  I my opinion
> (I have managed FlexLM licenses for quite awhile) FlexLM Reservations >
are a nightmare

Hi Floyd,
Thanks for confirming my reservations about (FlexLM) reservations.

> The SGE job1 takes a long time to start. The nasty colleague starts an
> interactive job that blocks the license before job1 gets at the
> license.
> SOLUTION: FlexLM reservation?

As you mentioned, using a GridEngine wrapper for interactive jobs would seem
to be the only reasonable and predictable solution. The social, and not the
technical, implementation is the main difficulty.

I guess I should have mentioned: all solutions are left as an exercise for
the reader ;)

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of ArvinMeritor, Inc., its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.