[GE users] Short medium and long queue setup

Jerome jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Wed Oct 18 02:03:29 BST 2006

Jeff Block wrote:
> Unfortunately, I didn't receive any responses on this with great ideas on
> how to make this work.  The subordinate queues probably won't work for us
> because of the MPI job suspension issue stated below.
>
> Currently, I have just setup nice values on each of the queues (short-1,
> medium-10, long-19) and we are in the testing phase to see if that is good
> enough for us.
>
> The other issue is that I'd like to be able to weight the short queue higher
> with regards to fair share tickets used.  This would help to insure that
> people don't just always submit jobs to the short queue unless they really
> need the job to be processed quickly.
>
> Regards.
>
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,
thank's for your response.
I used the comments you send me to try on our own cluster.
But i notice that the nice value with the mpi jobs just affect the
master node of the job. All the other mpich program on the "slaves" node
run with a ice value of 0. Do you have the same behavior?
Best regards.

--
-- Jérôme
Malheur aux détails, la postérité les néglige tous.