[GE users] How to stop sge_qmaster and sge_schedd without stopping running jobs ?

Yann Costes yann.costes at u-cergy.fr
Thu Oct 19 15:56:03 BST 2006

Hi all,

I need to reboot the server of a Linux cluster managed by Sun N1 Grid
Engine 6.0u8. This server only executes sge_qmaster and sge_schedd and
there is no pending jobs at this time.
But I would like to stop this server without stopping running jobs on
execution nodes.
Can anyone tell me how to do that ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yann