[GE users] SE Linux

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Oct 20 16:59:07 BST 2006

Gruhn Daniel J Contractor AF/A9IT wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I am interested in trying to set up a Grid using a cluster running with
> SELinux enabled.  I have searched the web and the user group archives and
> the only mentions I find are statements of the "...turn off SELinx..." or
> "...I have turned off SELinux..." variety.
>
> Has anyone setup Grid Engine with a viable set of SELinux security policies?
> If so, could I get a copy of any documentation that you have?  I understand
> this may be a sensitive subject, so anything anyone feels comfortable
> contributing would be greatly appreciated.  Perhaps we could also get it
> posted to the HOWTOs or wiki.

I suspect that you won't have a problem with the targeted policy because
the SGE daemon run in the unconfined_t (or initrd_t which is essentially
the same) domain.  Currently we run FC5 with SELinux enabled on the
clients without trouble.  SELinux is permissive on the server, but I
don't see any sge related issues in the logs.

Wonder if anyone is working on a policy for SGE...

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                  303-415-9701 x222
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com