[GE users] Can a (Java) client remotely connect via DRMAA (drmaa.jar) to SGE?

Daniel Bloomfield Ramagem daniel_ramagem at ssaihq.com
Fri Oct 20 20:52:05 BST 2006

Can a Java application running on a machine that has both the drmaa.jar
and the DRMAA shared library connect to a remote instance of the SGE?

I've been able to get a simple DRMAA Java example (e.g.,
Howto2.java--http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/gridengine/source/classes/com/sun/grid/drmaa/howto/Howto2.java?rev=1.3&view=markup)
to run on a machine that is configured as an SGE node.

But is it possible for me to run this same example from another machine
that has none of the SGE daemons running?  I found no configuration for
SGE IP address or URL for the SessionFactory and Session classes.

Could I maybe use some simple port forwarding from my remote machine to
an SGE node (if so what are the ports)?

Thanks,

Daniel.