[GE users] Can a (Java) client remotely connect via DRMAA (drmaa.jar) to SGE?

Fri Oct 20 21:03:54 BST 2006

Daniel,

DRMAA can be run from any host that has access to the SGE_ROOT directory
and is a submit host.  The host does not, however, have to be running
any SGE daemon.

DRMAA gets the SGE contact information from the environment and the
SGE_ROOT.  That's why you have to source settings.[c]sh before you can
run your DRMAA app.  Also, the host that is running the app will need to
be an SGE submit host, or DRMAA won't be able to submit jobs.

Daniel