[GE users] Mutally Exclusive & Collectively Exhaustive Queue definition

Amit H Kumar AHKumar at odu.edu
Mon Oct 23 21:55:32 BST 2006

Hi SGE,

May be this questions was already answered before. But I didn't find
anything with a simple search.

I want to define, Two queues bound to same set of host list. Both the
queues have different mutually exclusive PE list. Each of these hosts are
dual processors & hence has 2 slots defined. This I can do.
"q1.q: pe_mpich"
"q2.q: pe_linda"

Given the above definition, Once a slot or node is occupied by a job
regardless of the PE requested, I would like to see that a particular slot
on both the queues as used.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any feedback,
-AK