[GE users] Advance Reservation Plugin for SGE/Torque

Yoshio Tanaka yoshio.tanaka at aist.go.jp
Wed Oct 25 16:26:05 BST 2006

# Please accept my apologize for duplicate posting.

We are pleased to announce that advance-reservation plugin module
called PluS version 1.0.0 RC 1 is now available for download at the
PluS home page at:
  http://www.g-lambda.net/plus/ .

PluS (Plug-in Advance Reservation Manager for Torque and Grid Engine)
adds an advance-reservation function to Torque and Grid Engine.
For SGE, one of the following operations will be performed based on
the startup option.

(1) SGE queue base version
  - The SGE schedule is not replaced, and the reservation function is
    realized simply by managing the reservation queues.

(2) SGE self scheduling version
  - The original SGE scheduler is replaced by the PluS SGE scheduler
    which realizes the reservation management function and the job
    scheduling function.

The detailed document about PluS is available on the PluS home page.
If you have any questions, comments, etc., please send emails to
plus-devel at m.aist.go.jp

Best Regards,

--
National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology,
Grid Technology Research Center,