[GE users] user limit for number of slots in all queues

k.radacki k.radacki at mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Oct 26 17:09:27 BST 2006

Actually it's not number of jobs that I want to limit but number of used
processors. It would be more
"fair" that if user X started two jobs each with 8 processors then
another user Y which started 4x1
could start another 12, even if he sent 16 jobs and the X only 2. They
both are using the same resources.
So I want to put a limit on slots not on jobs.

with kind regards
kris

Amit H Kumar wrote:
> Number of jobs a user can submit, can be restricted by modifying the
> attribute "max_u_jobs"
>
> If you do not have restrictions on how many jobs a user can run then you
> can set this to Zero. In that case, now a user should be able to submit any
> number of jobs as long as there are available slots.
>
> I am not sure if there is anything such as soft slot limit.
> I hope this helps.
>
> Thank you,
> -AK
>
> "K.Radacki" <K.Radacki at mail.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote on 10/26/2006 09:58:47
> AM:
>

>> Newbie question,
>> is it possible to set soft slot limit on every user (with soft I mean:
>> if there are "empty" nodes and no other users submitted something, the
>> limit is not used)?
>>
>> with kind regards
>> kris

Dr. K. Radacki