[GE users] Master host install problem

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Oct 26 22:38:52 BST 2006

    [ The following text is in the "BIG5" character set. ]

Am 26.10.2006 um 07:48 schrieb wzlu:

> Dear All,
>
> My master host install problem is still exist.
> I used root to install master host.
> I tried for classic spool and Berkeley DB spooling.
> Both 2 installation were the same problem.
> Have any idea? Thanks.
>
> The error message is following:
>
> ------------------------ start of error message ----------------------
> Command failed: ./utilbin/lx24-x86/spooldefaults configuration
> /tmp/configuration
>
> Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
> Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

As it's complaining about /tmp - is this available there? You
defined /tmp to be used instead of the default location, hence there
maybe one level missing, you could try /tmp/sge/qmaster instead
(maybe you have to create it before - with proper rights for your
admin user of SGE).

Otherwise the complete configuration will be in /tmp - and in case of
a cronjob there to remove old files... I usually put it in /var/spool/
sge/qmaster and on the nodes /var/spool/sge

HTH - Reuti