[GE users] Assigning Sequence Numbers in the qmon cluster queue

Andre Alefeld Andre.Alefeld at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 30 10:31:47 GMT 2006

after pressing Ok the default settings are selected there it is still 0,
I guess.
You can check your settings by either selecting the host/hostgroup on
the left and check if the sequence number contains the settings you entered.
Another possibility is to use the qconf -mq <your queue name>  and check
if it looks like this:
qname                 all.q
hostlist              @allhosts
seq_no                0,[tuor=2]

Additionally you have to set in the scheduler configuration: Sort by
Sequence Number

Or qconf -msconf
queue_sort_method  seqno    instead of load

Andre

Christopher Fasano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a very strange problem and I was hoping someone might
> help.   I am trying to configure my grid to use sequence numbers to
> control the order of how slots are used.   This is because the grid is
> composed of machines of different speeds and I want to use the fast
> ones first.
>
> I have successfully assigned sequence numbers in the hosts config
> panel using qmon and I have configured the scheduler to use sequence
> numbers.   But it doesn't seem to work--the sequence numbers seem to
> get ignored.   So I thought maybe I have to set the sequence numbers
> in the cluster queue configuration for each host.
>
> I go to configure hosts that are part of the all.q and almost all the
> options are greyed out and locked.   If I unlock them, I can set the
> sequence number to anything that I want, but on saving, it immediately
> returns to the default value of 0.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?   Is the cluster queue the place to assign
> sequence numbers--or is there another place?   If the cluster queue is
> the place--why don't they "stick."
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Chris Fasano
> Monmouth College
> Monmouth, IL  61462

Andre Alefeld                Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-255
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: andre.alefeld at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid