[GE users] Newbie: hung processes on hosts

Gardiner Leverett leverett at mobiusmicro.com
Mon Oct 30 22:54:06 GMT 2006

Okay, I complely mis-understood what's going on.  We're using a
cad tool called Aptiva that will produce (say 5 for example) shell
scripts to produce data.  The script are independent, and can be
managed by GridEngine, but its (supposed to be) simpler.  It
creates one jobs submission for GE that sends the shell script out
to the machines to be run.  So, the scripts are actually serial,
not directly related to each other, but controlled from one submission
through GE.  Kill the submission, all individual process are killed
off.  At least, that used to happen.