[GE users] Changing Job Priority

Massimo Canonico canonico at mfn.unipmn.it
Tue Oct 31 16:43:38 GMT 2006

I'm using Grid Engine 6.0u6 on my Rocks cluster.

I have a user with some jobs pending and he needs to gain position in
the pending queue. So I logged as root on my cluster, use "qmon" -> "job
control" -> Pendings Jobs -> select the jobs -> priority.

I have tried several time to put a high priority (such as 2) in the
dialog box that appears but the jobs do not change their priority.

I have set up an "equal user fairshare policy" doing the customization
that you can see at the end of this email.

Why does not  qmon change the priority?

Cheers,
 Massimo

*********Easy setup of equal user fairshare policy******
   1. Make 2 changes in the main SGE configuration ('qconf -mconf'):
          * enforce_user auto
          * auto_user_fshare 100

   2. Make 1 change in the SGE scheduler configuration ('qconf -msconf'):
          * weight_tickets_functional 10000