[GE users] jobs going to the different queue

Mon Aug 6 23:16:28 BST 2007

There are a variety of possible solutions to the problem.  One solution
would be to use forced complexes.  You could define three boolean
complexes, queue1, queue2, and queue3, and make queue2 and queue3 be
forced.  You'd then assign each queue the appropriate complex.  When a
user requests -l queue<n>, his job will go to that queue.  If the user
does not request a resource, then the only queue that will accept the
job is queue 1, because the queue1 complex is the only one that's not
forced.

Another option would be to use queue sequence numbers, but that would
not prevent jobs from running in queue 2 or queue 3.  It would only
ensure that jobs that don't request a queue would get sent to queue 1 if
it's available.  If queue 1 is full, then jobs could go to queue 2 or
queue 3.

Daniel