[GE users] Help: How to configurate the program output

Lee Amy openlinuxsource at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:09:50 BST 2007

Hello,

I'm a newbie in SGE. I build a Linux beowulf cluster for the Bioinformatics
Department for my college.
The Linux is Cent OS4 and I have 5 nodes from gnode1 to gnode5. Gnode1 is
the Administration Host.
Follow words is the situation of the problem which I faced.

The directory /usr/local in gnode1 has been exported by NFS for gnode2 to
gnode5. And I make a directory called jobs, there's a shell script
job1.shin jobs dir. The
job1.sh is like this:

#!/bin/bash

exec /usr/local/tgicl_linux/tgicl  /usr/local/sequence/pataa -c 4

In gnode1, I use qsub to submit job1.sh

# qsub /usr/local/jobs/job1.sh [Enter]

Then qsub show that it's okay, the job is processed in gnode[2-5]. After
finished the job, for example, it's running on gnode4, the program output
(not the SGE output) is in /root directory in gnode4.
But I hope the program output is in /usr/local/jobs in gnode1.

How can I do with SGE can change the output?

Please forgive my poor English.

Thanks very much~

Regards,

Amy Lee