[GE users] Help: How to configurate the program output

Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Aug 7 16:07:20 BST 2007

If you don't care about the stderr and stdout files you can set the paths
to /dev/null with the -e and -o options.

With what I run, the stdout and stderr are only useful if there has been
some unusual problem, as my simulations do not normally output to these
files.   Since the jobName, jobID, and array task number are all available
through environmental variables, I added a few lines at the end of my job
script that checks the .o and .e files.  If they are zero byte (meaning no
error), they are deleted.  This also gives me a quick way to see if any
jobs failed.

Brett Grant

"Lee Amy" <openlinuxsource at gmail.com>
08/07/2007 07:39 AM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] Help: How to configurate the program output

Chris, thank you very much. But I still have a problem that I can't
understand.
When the job is finished, SGE will also create standard output and
standard error, I don't care about them. I suppose that "-e" and "-o" just
change the SGE standard output and standard error paths. And the tgicl
program  will  create many files but not SGE.

Could you tell me more details?

Thanks very much

Regards,

Amy Lee