[GE users] ssh_exchange_identification

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Aug 8 14:08:38 BST 2007

Am 07.08.2007 um 09:05 schrieb Mathias Goldau:

> Reuti wrote:
>>> First I don't now how to accomplish to teel qrsh to use a predefined
>>> execution host. But if I could do that I don't know how to log
>>> processes
>>> and/or tempfiles from a sge process on that node. Thanks.
>>
>> qrsh -l hostname=myhost strace ps -e f
>
> this remains in the same error since strace cannot be executed:
>
> $ qrsh -l hostname=myhost strace ps -e f
> qrsh_starter: executing child process (null) failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> Anyway, I checked, read permissions to spooldir, but as root this
> works
> well. where could be the root of the error if qrsh_starter couldn't
> get
> the command to execute? Could be this an authentification problem?
>
> A 'strace qrsh hostname' brings a lot of output, but I don't want to
> spam the mailing list with needless info, should I post?

Yes, I lost a little bit the track - what was the original problem?

- By default, qlogin is also defined if there is a local
configuration for the node. There is none in your cluster?

- Can you please check in the messages file of the node, whether sshd
was really set up in the last change of the configuration?

- While waiting for the return of "qrsh hostname": can you login to
the node and check with "ps -e f" whether there was anything started
by the shepherd?

-- Reuti