[GE users] Tracking PIDs

John Leidel john.leidel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:21:01 BST 2007

All, is there currently a way [possibly within the run/prologue scripts]
to record all the currently running PIDs of a specific job.  The
situation is the following...

- I have setup a h_rt of 3:00:00 for a specific set of intensive jobs
[MPI]
- When they hit their h_rt, SGE obviously kills everything it knows
about.  As we've all experienced, it sometimes leaves dangling processes
out there.  These things eat quite a bit of memory, so its something we
*really* need to recover.

So... I want to record the PIDs of the exe's running within the job...
then with an epilogue script, make sure I kill those PIDS when the jobs
are complete.  Is there a better way to accomplish this?

thanks
john