[GE users] flexlm and complex values

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Fri Aug 10 12:05:46 BST 2007

Hi Andreas,

> Obvious solution is to enhance Olesen-FLEXlm integration so that it
> controls token authorization based on resource quotas. Until now
> it controls just the total token amount by adjusting capacities of
> global consumables. Having it in addition control per userset
> capacities should be doable.
>
> E.g. taking away the license token above from Laurel and Hardy could
> be done with
>
>     qconf -mattr resource_quota limit license=0
> license_authorization/2

I'll have to get 6.1 installed to play around with this. In the meantime
I'll just ponder it a bit.

Would there be a benefit in using the qlicserver to somehow adjust the
resource_quota as well?
I would have thought that adjusting the global consumable provides the first
resource restriction and other requirements (hardware availability,
resource_quotas, etc) would be applies afterwards.

What I can imagine is that if the available resources drops drastically, say
from 100 licenses to 10 licenses, that it would be good to adjust the
resource_quota accordingly.

/mark
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its ?Confidential? status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.