[GE users] Executions hosts : how to allow a subnet ?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 10 21:05:29 BST 2007

Just found this in my backlog:

Am 06.08.2007 um 17:44 schrieb Xavier Beaudouin:

> I am working in a project to add some executions hosts within PXE
> boot.
>
> When adding execution hosts, we need to provide hostname, not IPs,
> I'd like to add a /24 for example where execution hosts will exist
> and be up for several days only.

What do mean in detail: you will have a subnet with 254 nodes to add
but will not setup any hostnames (by a NIS server)? I also use PXE,
but as the hostnames are coming via DHCP (fixed for each MAC-address
- the MAC-address is shown automatically on the node), it's no problem.

Add the hostnames with a shell loop as administration hosts to SGE,
and if you start the sge_execd on the node they will automatically be
added as execution hosts to SGE.