[GE users] job distribution in every execution host issue

Benson Fung benson at mdcl.com.hk
Mon Aug 13 18:02:26 BST 2007

We have setup a grid engine infrastructure with 4 execution hosts in place.
And we have submitted 200 jobs into the grid engine.  Unfortunately, we
found out that the no. of executed job in each of the execution host is not
evenly distributed, and the performance is very slow.  I tried to execute
all 200 jobs in one host to compare with 4 execution hosts, it is found that
the performance of executing those 200 jobs in one host is better those 200
jobs executed in 4 execution hosts.

Can anyone suggest if there is any configuration parameter we need to setup
in the grid engine for improving the performance?

BTW, please advise the difference between slot and queue.

Thanks for your help.
Benson