[GE users] job distribution in every execution host issue

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Aug 14 08:28:56 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 01:02 +0800, Benson Fung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have setup a grid engine infrastructure with 4 execution hosts in
> place.  And we have submitted 200 jobs into the grid engine.

I back up what Reuti says.
I would also look at the I/O performance of the jobs.
Do your jobs read a lot of data from an NFS shared drive on the master
node of the cluster?

I would start simple - arrange one job slot per host and time your jobs,
running on the master node and on the execution hosts.
Then two slots etc.   You may find that jobs are being starved of I/O
due to a bottleneck on the master node.