[GE users] logchecker question

Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Aug 14 15:10:00 BST 2007

I ran it at the command line until I was happy it was configured
correctly, and then I made it a cron job to run once a day.

I saw the command line switch, but it seemed odd to me that the script
wasn't coded to figure out the spool variable or give an error that the
variable was empty.  Just a little surprising.

Thanks,
Brett Grant

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
08/13/2007 03:13 PM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] logchecker question

Hi,

Am 13.08.2007 um 20:09 schrieb Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com:

> I finally got around to setting up and configuring the logchecker
> script.  This is 6.1 on mac osx.  Anyway, at first it would not
> run.  Turns out that the PATH variable had to have /bin included.

how did you start the script`

> Also, it kept having problems with the spooler directories, it
> turns out that the variable execd_spool_dir was not getting set.  I
> don't know if this is error or a bug or something that only occurs
> on mac os.

You are using the crontab or launchd?

> Anyway, I just added a line:
>
> execd_spool_dir=$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool

You could also use the parameter:

-execd_spool /var/spool/sge

to the script, i.e. in our cron.d/gridware on the nodes I put:

reuti at node:/etc/cron.d> cat gridengine
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/news/bin
#
# Special cron-job to reduce the size of the SGE messages/accounting/
statistics  files.
#
5 1 * * 0       sgeadmin        /usr/sge/default/common/logchecker.sh
-action_on 2 -execd_spool /var/spool/sge

(to avoid the configured script to be overridden by an upgrade, I
copied it to this locaction)

-- Reuti