[GE users] host_not_found line in messages file

Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com
Tue Aug 14 21:07:07 BST 2007

It was only the admin host when I installed sge.  Then I removed it from
the admin hostlist.  The machine is dead.  I can't even get it to boot.
Can I uninstall it from the qmaster without being able to contact the
host?

Thanks,
Brett Grant

Reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
08/14/2007 12:05 PM
Please respond to
users at gridengine.sunsource.net

users at gridengine.sunsource.net
cc

Subject
Re: [GE users] host_not_found line in messages file

Am 14.08.2007 um 20:19 schrieb Brett_W_Grant at raytheon.com:

> I had a computer die on me.  Anyway, every 40 seconds or so, the
> message gethostbyname took 24 seconds and returns HOST_NOT_FOUND
> appears in the message file.  I deleted the host out of the
> hostlist and execution hostlist, but I still get the message.  Is
> there a way to stop it?

Is this host still an admin host? Maybe you first have to add this
host again to /etc/hosts or your DNS, then remove it completely from
SGE, and then it should be safe to remove it again from your lookup
service.