[GE users] host_not_found line in messages file

Shannon V. Davidson svdavidson at charter.net
Tue Aug 14 22:55:59 BST 2007

Shannon V. Davidson wrote:
> Brett,
>
> SGE doesn't need to contact the host - it just needs to resolve the
> hostname to an IP address.  Just add a dummy entry for the hostname
> (with any IP address) in /etc/hosts and verify the hostname can be
> resolved using the $SGE_ROOT/utilbin/<arch>/gethostbyname.  Once
> you've done that, you can totally delete the host from SGE using the
> commands in the attached script.

I mean in the imbedded script...

    [davidson at appro src]$ cat sge_delete_host.sh
    #!/bin/bash
    #
    # Remove a host from the Grid Engine configuration
    #

    set +u
    #set -x

    # define function to print an error message and exit
    error_exit() {
        echo "Error: $*"
        exit 1
    }

    # restrict the PATH
    export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

    #echo args are $*

    # create temporary directory
    tmpdir=$(mktemp -d '/tmp/sge_delete_node-XXXXXX')
    if ! cd $tmpdir; then
        error_exit Unable to change directory to $tmpdir
    fi

    # get SGE environment
    SGE_ROOT=${SGE_ROOT:-/opt/sge}
    SGE_CELL=${SGE_CELL:-default}
    . $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/settings.sh
    if [ -z "$SGE_ROOT" ]; then
        error_exit SGE_ROOT is not set
    fi

    # validate arguments
    [ -z "$1" ] && error_exit "usage: $(basename $0) sge-host [...]"

    # delete all the specified hosts
    for sge_host in $*; do

        # delete host as submit host
        qconf -ds $sge_host || echo "Warning: Unable to remove $sge_host
    from submit host list"

        # delete host as adminstrative host
        qconf -dh $sge_host || echo "Warning: Unable to remove $sge_host
    from admin host list"

        # delete "cluster configuration" for host
        qconf -dconf $sge_host || echo "Warning: Unable to remove
    $sge_host cluster configuration"

        # delete host as SGE execution host
        qconf -de $sge_host || echo "Warning: Unable to remove $sge_host
    from SGE execution host list"

        # delete host from all host groups
        for host_group in $(qconf -shgrpl); do
            qconf -dattr hostgroup hostlist $sge_host $host_group ||
    echo "Warning: Unable to remove $sge_host from host group $host_group"
        done

    done

    exit 0