[GE users] array job using mpich2 tight integration

Yuan Wan ywan at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 15 13:37:17 BST 2007

Hi all,

I get a problem running mpich2 array job.
I followed the HowTo instruction to tightly integrated mpich2 with SGE.
And it works fine on out cluster for single job.

But if I submit an array job to SGE (running several same mpi tasks), some
tasks will fail to find live smpd on target nodes.

Anyone with succesful experience know the possible reason?  Thanks

--Yuan

Yuan Wan
--
Unix Section
Information Services Infrastructure Division

tel: 0131 650 4985
email: ywan at ed.ac.uk

2032 Computing Services, JCMB
The King's Buildings,