[GE users] Web-Based Cluster Status Display

Dave Love david.love at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 10:51:26 BST 2007

Graham Jenkins <Graham.Jenkins at its.monash.edu.au> writes:

> We are currenlty looking at installing Ganglia so that those who manage
> the funding at our place can easily visit a web-page and see what level
> of usage our execute nodes have been and are receiving.
>
> And it occurred to me that the SGE management node already knows a lot
> of this stuff. So .. does anybody know of a simple mechanism for
> harvesting it, and displaying in in colored graphs on a web-page?

The normal Ganglia setup tells you that anyhow -- you run gmond on the
nodes, and you get more info than (I think) qmaster has, such as
network usage; you can probably find examples of public Ganglia
displays for some clusters.  Canned cluster installation systems like
Oscar -- which I used -- typically set that up for you.

[If you want Ganglia to display job-related information, you'd want
https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/jobmonarch, but that's currently broken
for SGE.  I hope to fix it shortly, at least for SGE 6.0.]