[GE users] gridengine via Apple launchd framework

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Aug 16 14:58:56 BST 2007

Thanks Barry,

After more fooling around with the test Leopard system it seems that
scripts left in the SystemStarter directories  will successfully
start SGE at boot time - the strange thing is that after the system
is online the standard "sudo SystemStarter start|stop SGE" commands
don't seem to have any effect in OS X 10.5. Hopefully this is an
indication that the SystemStarter framework has not been totally
yanked from 10.5 which was my initial thought.  I see the same
behavior with LSF as well -- daemons start on boot but SystemStarter
CLI commands fail.  I'll keep testing and tweaking.

Regards,
Chris