[GE users] Fair Share Formulas

Hessling hessling at desy.de
Fri Aug 17 07:32:00 BST 2007

Hi,

currently I am investigating "pure" fair share,
i.e. the other scheduling options (functional,
override) are switched off.

I am investigating the influnce of different share
values for the project nodes and the user (sub)nodes
of the share tree, and the dependence on the fair share
parameters "halftime" and "compensating factor".

In the manuals I found some brief description
but no formulas. Explicit formulas would certainly
be of help to obtain at a better understanding
of SGE's fair share. Are they published somewhere?

Thanks for any hints,
Hermann

PS: I am running SGE 6.1.