[GE users] can't open output file "/some/path/TEST.1763": Permission denied

Tue Aug 21 15:14:22 BST 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Dmitry Zhukovski wrote:

> Strange point here is that user XXX has actual read/write access to
> directory /some/path but sgeadmin doesn't. My guess is that execd tries
> to write output to "/some/path/TEST.1763" where it's not allowed. And
> therefore it fails. Am I right?

Actually the open(2) for this is done with effective uid (seteuid(2))
of the job user, so sgeadmin shouldn't need any priviledges.

Have you tried

    # touch /some/path/TEST.1763

at the machine where the job actually failed?

Regards
Andreas