[GE users] To reset job ids

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Wed Aug 22 16:03:56 BST 2007

Reuti wrote:
> Am 22.08.2007 um 13:49 schrieb Sathish C:
>> My Expectation : Is there any option to reset the existing job-id's
>> such that the next job i submit will follow from 1 to....
>
> there is a plain textfile in $SGE_ROOT/default/spool/qmaster/
> jobseqnum which you can edit end stop/start SGE.

I've done this a few times in the past, and I've had to:
  1) Clear all jobs.
  2) Stop SGE
  3) Edit jobseqnum
  4) Restart SGE.

Otherwise, SGE has used the "wrong" sequence of jobids.  This may have changed
with newer GE releases (I did it under 5.3uX) though.

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)