[GE users] can't open output file "/some/path/TEST.1763": Permission denied

Thu Aug 23 14:45:06 BST 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Dmitry Zhukovski wrote:

> Hi Andres,
>
>  The problem has been resolved. User was in 16 groups and one of our
> servers (mounted on /some/path) has support for 16 groups. BUT as we
> found out it supports 16-1 groups! So when I deleted account from one of
> the groups it had successfully submitted a job.

Grid Engine uses one of the suppl. group ids as a means to "tag"
all processes that comprise a job. I fear that is the reason for
the strange 16-1 groups support.

>  Regarding difference between servers. Another server has increased
> number of groups per user. So it might explain why it worked for
> /home/path

Sounds very reasonable.

Thanks,
Andreas